Calotester kaloMAX NT II
Ball cratering test device for the determination of wear coefficients and layer thicknesses
Quality assurance of coatings needs expressive test procedures, which allow quick and reliable valuation of the coating quality.
The Calotest device kaloMAX NT II has been developed in co-operation with the Fraunhofer Institut for Surface Engineering and Thin Films (IST) especially for the charcterization of hard coatings. The method is usable for thin coatings (1 µm) as well as for the materials or lacquers. The procedure supplies a material charcteristic which enables a function-orientd evaluation of the coating quality.
|Min. ø 15 mm, max.ø 30 mm
|20 – 500 1/min
|Grinding path, grinding period, number of revolutions, dosage time etc.
|Clamping range for plane parts
|Clamping range for round parts
|ø 3 – 30 mm (clamping jaws for other dimensions available upon request)
|Cross table travel
|25 x 25 mm
|Approx. 8 kg
|Compressed air supply
|Max. 6 bar
• Test takes only a few minutes
• Test parameters optimized for measuring hard coatings are available
• High reproducibility and accurancy by means of a special abrasive slurry
• High accuracy in grinding of the wear crater
• Usuable for plane and curved parts
• Exact determination of coating thickness without calibration even for multilayered coatings
• Easy positioning by cross table